Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Teapot Tuesday Challenge

I thought I would try another challenge from the Teapot Tuesday gals.  It was a lot of fun last week!!  This week they are looking for a "manly" card to go to a gentleman in a care facility in Canada.  He doesn't get visitors and some cards from a group a spunky gals is in order. The teapots this week were solid color teapots of manly colors; rusty brown, dark green, and cream color. Nothing says manly like TOOLS !!  Ar Ar Ar (my Tim Allen tool bark there).  That was my inspiration for my card.
This is Sol's card

close-up of the tools

I got A LOT of cardstock from a local business closing recently.  300 sheets A LOT and some have company name on them and some do not.  Sorry I can't always give credit to the rightful owner on some paper.  

Paper Used: BG-discounted paper with no name, Olive-SU (I think it's actual name is Washbi), Brown-Scrap (I think it was from the Chocolate Lovers Pack), Off White-SU, Graphite-scrap, Wood Sheet from SU

Stamp Used: SU-For Father

Die Cuts: MFT-Tool Charms

I did ink up the edges of cardstock with Basic Brown ink from Stampin' Up.  Roughed up the brown paper edges a bit.  As you can see, I cut out some of the tools twice.  Once with the wood sheets and once for the graphite paper, that way the hammer and saw kinda looked real.  I just roughly colored pencil the image.  This will be my card for Sol.

Thanks for looking !!  Time for the next challenge !! 


No comments: