Monday, June 17, 2013

No Cards Allowed - Challenge #8 Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog

The summer seems like it is flying by!  Today my 2nd born son turns 17.  It is hard to believe how fast they grow up.  Next Monday, on the 24th my 1st born turns 19.  I'm getting old :(  Happy Birthday Noah!!

Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog - Challenge #8 is No Cards Allowed!!!
We are being sponsored by Bugaboo Stamps and the winner will receive 7 digis .  I have quite a few of their digi stamps and love them.


I admit I could have easily done a papercraft, but I wanted some gift bags for the boys birthdays.  I like doing other crafts, but lately that means school projects.  lol.
Here's the finish product.  This is the small bag.  (I got my bags at Bags and Bows online.)


How did I do this?  Well, I opened the image up in Photoshop and colored it.  Not as easy as it sounds.  I have a wacom pad and pen to make it easier, but it's not.  Each piece of the cupcake has be a separate layer.  That way if you need to change or delete something, you don't have to start all over again.  Coloring in the lines was more difficult, because when you go over the black lines, they are now the color you went over them with.  I knew what colors I wanted, but finding them wasn't easy.  It took me several hours over several days to do this.  Hopefully the next time won't be so painful !!  teehehe

Here's the scene shot:


If you want your image to look like it does on the screen, you have to flip the image.  When you print it on the transfer paper your image will be reverse.  Like this:



Follow the instructions in the transfer paper box, when cutting out your image and ironing it on to the fabric.  They are usually NO steam transfers.

Here's my little group.  I made 10 bags total.


Not everyone has crazy mad skills in Photoshop or do they want to go through the hassel of trying to color their image in Photoshop.  So I printed a blank image and colored it in with Sharpie markers.  I did try Copics, but they wanted to bleed and run through the fabric more.  This is image was colored with markers.


I stamped a sentiment on the bottom of the big bags with black staz-on ink.


Hope to see many of you entering the Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog.

thanks for looking and reading :o)

I'm entering in the following challenges:




No comments: