Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Male Room Vintage Challenge

It's time for another challenge at The Male Room.  For the next two weeks, we want to see vintage creations that are masculine.  


My brother's girlfriend needed a card for a friend who is a farmer.  I found this beautiful image at Just Ink Lined called tractor.  I'm never sure what is considered vintage, all I know is..... this tractor is old. Old=Vintage  That's my thought process and I'm sticking to it!! :oD


The image was colored by my water color and regular colorpencils.  After coloring, I sponged the sky with some ink. It couldn't be a farmer's card without some burlap.  There is actually a black satin ribbon on the bottom of the image, the black cardstock is just on the sides and top of the image.  Thought it would give it more texture with a soft ribbon against the rough burlap.


The inside somewhat matching the outside, with a simple happy birthday sentiment stamped.

Hope to see your vintage creations at The Male Room!

thanks for looking and reading :o)

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Anyone for Anya? - Masculine or Grungy
Crafty Catz - #222 Boys & Their Toys
Digi Galore - Anything Goes
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - #88 Vintage
Flat Friends - #18 Cards 4 Men
One Stitch At A Time - #204 Use a Digi

Paper Shelter - DT Call - Digi stamps only

stamps used: Just Ink Lined - Digital Stamp Tractor , SU - Something to Celebrate (sentiment)
paper used: SU Black & Red, MFT Smooth White
embellishments used: Recollections-burlap, ribbon was recycled from a gift


17 comments:

Jackie C said...

Smashing card, thank you for being our first and a wonderful entrant. Hugs Jackie dt ds4j

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome coloring! Love that added burlap too

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is great what a fab card and colouring.
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin

Planetsusie said...

This is a lovely card for a man - brilliant image so beautifully coloured. I really must give pencils a go! Great creation.

Thank you so much for joining us over at the OSAAT challenge this week, lots of luck.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx Dt member

Jacqueline said...

What a lovely card, gorgeously vintage - love the rust on the funnel! - Jacqueline xx

Louise van Vuren said...

Love the bright cheery red tractor, judging from the rust it certainly is vintage! Great colouring and perfect for the recipient.
Louise xx

Sue - said...

Love that tractor! Just perfect for a man and a farmer as well!

Deborah Frings said...

I really like your vintage tractor, the image is beautifully coloured. Love the texture with the burlap. Great work!

Shuly said...

ha waow!! love your coloring and the canvas all around!!! fabulous idea!! i'll have to use that too hee hee ^^

Shuly said...

Ps you know what, the back reminds me of a toy i used to have when i was little: it was a red screen, you had two buttons to write things ... hahaha
http://www.vipad.fr/post/Le-retour-du-T%C3%A9l%C3%A9cran-...-Sur-l-iPad

Janette said...

Love that Tractor, perfect, great male card too..
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Haha! I think we have one of those in the house now :o)

CG said...

Your coloring is awesome, and the touch of burlap makes it extra-special. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT! Best, CG

Julie-Ann said...

This is such a lovely card, any one who were to receive it would be chuffed to bits. Thank you for joining our vintage challenge at DS4J.
crafty hugs Julie Ann
Digi Stamps 4 Joy DT member

Hand crafted by charlies nanny

Anonymous said...

Beautiful coloring! The red totally pops in the scene! Thanks for joining us this week at Anyone for Anya!

Mei
LTC DT
Anyone for Anya DT
Stampavie and More DT
Creative Fingers DT 

Unknown said...

Wow this is wonderful - I love the image you've used and the colouring is stunning :-) Thanks so much for joining us over at Flat Friends, have a lovely week, Em xx

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Fabulous Vintage card! I love that tractor. I made my first Vintage card; which will go live tonight at 11 pm; so I understand not knowing exactly what Vintage means. You did a great job! It is perfect for our Vintage challenge with DS4J.


Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Digi Stamps 4 Joy!! Hope to see you again for the next challenge. Have a fantastic week!! Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com