Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Male Room - Sketch

Good morning!  I'm getting ready to head down to Florida for the Stampfest and this will the first one I attend.  I'm excited to see what this is all about.  But for now, we have another challenge for you at The Male Room.  For the next 2 weeks, we are looking for creations using the following sketch. 

 Remember, it has to be masculine. 


Using the sketch, I created a card that could be used for a little boy.  The images are from Stampin' Up stamp set, Zoofari.  I try to use as many of the stamps to create this card.  In fact, I think this is the first time I've used this stamp set.  I colored the images with water and regular color pencils. Even though the dp is considered Halloween, I thought it looked great as part of a safari.


Here's the inside, using another stamp and copy the outside some.


I went ahead and put the bird stamp on the envelope.

thanks for looking and reading :o)  hope to see you getting sketchy.

stamps used: SU Zoofari
paper used: MFT primitive white, tangy organge, The Paper Studio Halloween Chevron, Bazzill charcoal gray and golden color paper
die-cuts used: MFT Square Stax 1 & Stax 2, Sentiment Strips
embellishments used: Making Memories antique copper brads

5 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I think your take on the sketch is absolutely super. I really like the background paper and the cute little animals. A fab card for a little boy.

Have fun at Stampfest!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

How cute are your animals! i adore that envie too!

Sue - said...

Cute animals- they go so well with the sketch.

Louise van Vuren said...

Love those animal stamps! I also think the paper is perfect for the safari theme, I wouldn't even have thought of Halloween if you hadn't said. Great card for the sketch, any boy would love it, I'm sure
Louise xx

Susan (rainy) said...

What a darling card! I love this stamp set... such cute images. And I love that you created on the inside of the card AND the envelope!!