Hello fellow crafters! It's a Dr Digi post :o)
I know....another Christmas card, but I have a big list.
I seem to forget that some people never have a white Christmas. In fact, it's summer time in Australia. I grew up in Illinois where snow was plenty and there was always a white Christmas. Thank Goodness that's over! I have been in the south for almost 16 years now and snow is not seen too often. In fact, people start freaking out over one little snowflake, and don't let them drive...that's scarier. I don't really miss the "white stuff" and it's just too cold. Okay, I'm getting old and don't like to be cold...enough said.
Anyway, how about this Surfin' Santa for some beach bums. I thought this card would be cute as a postcard style, so I stamped a postmark above the image and used a postcard die-cut. The image was colored with my color pencils. I sponged some ink for the background. The sentiment is part of the Christmas Sentiments Sheet at Dr Digi.
Cowabunga-Ho-Ho-Ho!!
thanks for looking and reading :o)
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
- 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Nov Technique Challenge - Sponging or brayering
- Cardz 4 Guys - #99 Christmas CAS
- Christmas Card Challenges - #52 Anything Goes
- Fan-Tastic Challenge - #114 Anything Goes with a Twist...Santa Claus
- Inky Chicks - #60 Merry Christmas
- Jo's Scrap Shack - #116 Anything Goes
- Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
- Simon Says Monday Challenge - Gentlemen
- Sparkle N Sprinkle - Anything Goes with loose glitter
- The Outlawz Challenge - Monday Greetings - Anything Goes with a sentiment
stamps used: Dr Digi-Surfin' Santa & Christmas Sentiments Sheet, MFT-First Class Friend
paper used: MFT-grout gray, the Paper studio-kraft & white, Michele R Designs-Christmas Time (sheet6)
die-cuts: MFT postage stamp stax & fishtail flag stax
embellishment: Recollections glass glitter

8 comments:
Oh boy how fun is this??? Love Santa's wild side ehehehe.... surfing santa! Love it! Thank you so much for playing with us this week in our Funday Friday challenge!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥
such a fun image - thanks for sharing your project at the 52CCT
Love your surfing Santa. Hoping it will be hot enough to catch a few waves on Christmas Day. Your creation made this Aussie girl smile. TFS and playing at Jo's
LOL - love Santa in his swimming togs! Such a fun card. Thanks so much for playing along with our technique challenge at 52CCT this week!
What a fun Santa card. Thanks for joining us at 52 CCT
Julie T
What a fun Holiday card! Santa is so funny in his swim trunks! Thanks for playing along with us in the Gentleman Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
Super card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz For Guyz, hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Sharon DT
Fun card. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 114 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x
Post a Comment