Monday, September 17, 2012

Ribbon Carousel CC70

I bought ribbon from this company and have purchased 3 months of ribbon of the month club. I'll tell you, I'm in love with the ribbon I've received and have already used most of them in my projects.  I was excited to find out that they have challenges.  The first challenge I'm entering for Ribbon Carousel is a smypathy card.  I didn't have any made (some reason we have been using them lately) and need some to add to my stock pile of cards.


I have plenty of scrap cardstock needing to be used, so this whole card is from scraps.  I used Unity Stamps for the image and sentiments.  The ribbon is from Ribbon Carousel.   It is a wonderful cloudy day here, so the pictures to me are on the dark side.  I sponged around the distressed light purple paper and fussy cut the leaves for the branch and the bird.


I copied in the outside of the card inside.  

Thanks for looking and reading :o)

stamps used: Unity-Precious Things, Heartfelt Sympathy

paper used:  even though they were scraps, the paper was Brazzill and Printed Tissue by Recollections

embellishments: Ribbon by Ribbon Carousel: Sage Cotton Twill and August kit of the month






14 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

I love when I'm able to use up scraps, especially when the result is like this beauty here! I love the sponging and the sentiment on the inside is beautifully profound! Thanks for playing along with us at the Ribbon Carousel!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a beautiful card--I love that you decorated the inside too!! And I LOVE that you used up scraps! FAB! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the RCC!!

Jen M said...

Pretty card! How fun that you used up scraps - my scrap pile just keeps growing! LOL

Crystal said...

Beautiful colors and I love the decorated inside, it totally finishes the card!

Ruby said...

Beautiful card. Love creations from scraps.

JPScraps said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and stamps.

Linda said...

I love the cool backgrround and cute brid.

Eva said...

Beautiful card! Love that you decorated the inside too.

Julie Odil said...

This is very beautiful!

Angeline Choo said...

I love the bird stamp! And I like that you did the same for the inside and stamped the sentiment too.

Gwen said...

A beautiful sympathy card, always good to have on hand!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love the colors! Great card!

Michelle said...

pretty card! love the colors!

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

Such a pretty card....love the soft background!