Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Male Room - Sci-Fi

 Welcome to another challenge at The Male Room.  For the next two weeks, we want to see masculine Sci-fi projects.  Think about all the movies, books, comics, and tv shows that have been around for ages to get inspired.


I decided to go the space route.  There are SO many shows about outerspace, aliens, creatures, and other great ideas.   

The digital image is from Just Ink Lined - Cosmo Nut.  I thought it was cute!  Of course it was colored with my favorite water and regular colorpencils.  I've had the space background dp for a long time now, like 6-7 years.  With a house full of boys, I figured I would use it sooner, but the right project is now.  I finally got to use my new die-cut from Spellbinders, it reminded me of the sun.  I've realize in the crafting world, things get bought and they sit for a long time before they get used...the sci-fi that could come from a crafting closet...haha.  


The cute rocket brad is from Spare Parts and I recycled the ribbon from a gift bag.  The perfect sentiment is from Unity stamp set, Out of this World.


Here is the inside with another sentiment from Unity. 


Another look of the outside.  I hope you are inspired to create a little sci-fi for your man.

thanks for looking and reading :o)

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

1. 2 Cute Ink Challenge Blog - #103 Anything Goes  (4/13 no more than 10 challenges can be entered)
2. 613 Avenue Create - #65 Anything Goes w/ Optional Twist: Create Your Own Color
3. Allsorts Challenge Blog - Week 252 Use Those Dies
4. Alphabet Challenge Blog - D for Diecuts
5. Cards in Envy - Anything Goes with A2 Card Challenge
6. Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - #224 Anything Goes
7. Flat Friends Challenge - #19 Use a Sentiment
8. Little Red Wagon - #231 Make It Masculine
9. The Cutie Pie Challenge - #66 Cute with Dies & Punches

stamps used: Just Ink Lined-Cosmo Nut (digi), Unity Stamp Co-Out of this World and Party All Day
paper used: Bazzill-rain, Cratepaper-Orbit Collections}Satellite, Recollections-Rockets'n'Spockets
die-cuts used: Spellbinders-Fleur de Lis Squares, MFT-You Move Me Die and Sentiment Strips
embellishments used: Ribbon-recycle, Spare Parts (the paper studio) Oh Boy Epoxy Brads



17 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Adorable "space" card!

Louise van Vuren said...

There's so much going on here, it's great! I think it's also great that you used your space background, I always say if you keep something for long enough you will find a way to use it. Fun card.
Louise xx

Deborah Frings said...

What a fab card! I love the background paper and that sweet little brad too! I like the cute astronaut, so beautifully coloured too. Fab work!

Sue - said...

Really super card for a youngster. Its always nice to be able to use stash too.

Monica taylor said...

Fun Card. Glad you could play along over at 613 Avenue Create. Monica, DT

Janette said...

What a fabulous card, love it all and the sentiment is perfect....
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Sandy Trefger said...

Cute, cute card! I love that image and the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Cute little spaceman on the card. Thanks forplaying at Cards in Envy!!!!

Mervi said...

Fabulous male card, lovely papers too.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, good luck;-))m

Pat said...

Super card, lovely colours and design, thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.

Pat xx

Sarah said...

Thanks for playing along with us at The Cutie Pies!! Good Luck. Sarah-J

Tammy said...

Adorable card, I love that image and the cute little brad! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

Unknown said...

This is super cute - I love the image and card design - the sentiment works beautifully too xx Thanks so much for joining us over at Flat Friends - hope you have a lovely weekend, Em xx

Jacqueline said...

Wow - love the decorated brad - what a great card - Jacqueline xx

JanR said...

I think I have that space paper somewhere deep in my wagon too! Great card. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Laura said...

Fabulous boy card! Thanks so much for joining in our Anything Goes Challenge at 2 Cute Ink! :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love how colorful this is, and the cool metal too! WOW you got it all!!!!
Love to see you link up to Paper Crafting Challenges – newer card challenge that has 10 more days to play and this theme is Masculine!! Love to see you there! What a sweet card!