Thursday, September 18, 2014

Scrapping 4 Fun - #26 Buttons and Bows

I'm SO excited, because this is my first post as a new Design Team Member for Scrapping 4 Fun! It's hard when you have good news and cannot share it with the world, but it's out now.  I'm sure this group of talented ladies will teach and challenge me in new ways of crafting.  Thank you Rachelle for this opportunity :o)

For the part ya'll been waiting for...the challenge. For the next 2 weeks, we want to see projects with buttons and bows.  (This post is posted on Thursday night due to the time difference for our Friday challenge. It's Friday in Switzerland :o))


I started off with this metal pail I found at Michael's.  Then decided to paint it a blue/green color.  After a couple of coats, I painted white wash over the top.  Wanting some of the blue color to come through, I took the softest sandpaper I could find and gently sanded some of the white wash paint off.  In some of the the design work, I sanded down to the metal.  Afterwards, a couple layers of decoupage was used to seal the paint.  


Some dp was added just to the bottom of the pail.  As you can see, I didn't paint or paper the lip or bottom ledge of the pail.  I knew I wanted an image for this pail, but it was hard to find one small enough to fit the area, which is smaller than 2 inches.  The bird image is from Unity called Chirp, Chirp and measured 2x3 (little of the bottom was chopped off to fit, just don't tell anyone).


Of course a sentiment was needed.  I found the perfect sentiment, but it was huge.  It was bigger than the whole pail itself.  So....I stamped it, put it in my copier and shrank it down to the size I needed.  I know you wouldn't have known from the pictures, but someone might have figured it out...lol.  The sentiment is also from Unity called You Are Filled.  There are buttons used on both images.


To complete the challenge, I needed a bow.  I had an off white ribbon leftover from a previous project and decided to dye it to match the paper.  

thanks for looking and reading :o)  Come join us at Scrapping 4 Fun

I would like to enter my pail in the following challenges:


stamps used: Unity Chirp, Chirp and You are Filled
paper used: Crate Pape-Oh Darling
die-cut used: MFT Oval Stax 1
embellishments used: the Paper Studio-Ribbon/Lace Scrap, Prima wooden button, mini buttons from stash, scrap ribbon from stash



25 comments:

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Hi Tina...just love the colors here. Unimaginable that the pail is soooo small. Great job here on a small piece. Super cute.

Anonymous said...

I looooove this creation!! Lovely colors and all the detail.
Thank you for your lovely DT creation.
Have a great weekend
Hugs
Rachelle

Kim Rippere said...

Adorable. I am falling in love with that color blue!

Kris said...

What a beautiful project.

Ruby said...

Very cool projects. They would be perfect as a gift.

Linda said...

what a great and cute ideal.

Linsey R said...

Hi Tina! I really love your wonderful altered tin can! It's Fabulous!!! Thanks for the great inspiration! :)

Sheryl said...

The Unity images are perfect for those pails. Adorable!

Dawnll said...

This is adorable as can be, really like the stamps you used.

Katie S. said...

Wow, this is so amazing! I never would think to do something like this! Fantastic job

Life of a Caffeinated Mom said...

The pails look wonderful. Love how you painted the top.

Gaylynn said...

Congrats! This lovely & such a great project.

Miwa said...

What a great project, love it!

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous mixed media piece. Love that little bird

Sue D said...

Love how you altered this pail!

Lindsey said...

What a transformation! While the plain pail is fine, your altered version is terrific!

Mirella said...

Absolutely gorgeous, the transformation is great! Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Divas by Design this week, hugs, Mirella

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That is a fantastic little gem that you have created. Thanks for the step by step.

Unknown said...

Just love your little bucket!

Carol L said...

What a wonderful creation! The bucket looks so beautiful - just perfect for giving the right gift to someone!

Beejay said...

Love this! Great sentiment!

Rubeena I. said...

amazing!!!

sian said...

what a great bucket it looks beautiful. I love what you have done with it. Thanks for entering JIC this week and I hope to see you again for future challenges. Sian (JIC DT Co-Owner)

Aunty Sue said...

wow what difference love the sanding with the colour coming through, thanks for sharing with us at Divas by design hope to see you again real soon.

Vickie Y said...

I LOVE your altered pail! Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenge.