Good mid-week crafty friends! For the next 2 weeks at The Male Room, we have a simple sketch challenge for you to follow. Just remember, it has to be manly.
I have a few bachelors on my Christmas list and decided I better get a start on my Christmas cards. I know I'm a little late, but at least it's a start.
Since the sketch was simple, I kept my card simple. One layer card and bare minimal on embellishments.
The design paper I won and it was hard to really figure out how to use this non-traditional paper. The colors are very deep browns, reds, greens, mustard yellows, almost grungy. It turned out to be the best paper for a manly Christmas card. The ribbon was from Really Reasonable Ribbon, it was part of a monthly club. The sentiment and punch are from Stampin' Up. I thought the ornament looked plain, so I added some die-cut snowflakes and frosted rhinestones. Very simple and easy.
thanks for looking and reading :o)
I would like to enter in the following challenges:
- Crafting From the Heart - #38 Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - "BINGO" challenge (Designer Paper, Die Cut, Sentiment) or (Rubber Stamp, Die Cut, Ribbon)
- Die Cuttin Divas - #185 Anything Goes
- Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
- The ABC Challenge - "U is for Unique" Anything goes
- The Pink Elephant - TPE#270 Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Designs
stamp used: SU short & sweet
paper used: MFT Primitive White & Paver Red, Carta Bella Christmas Day dp
die-cuts used: MFT Let It Snowflake, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax
punch used: SU ornament
embellishments used: RRR, Recollections adhesive rhinestones



13 comments:
Love it! I really like the paper, the colours are perfect. I do like the simple ornament too!
Great card! I went Christmassy as well - I think the sketch is ideal for a male card as its not too fussy.
This is great use of that paper, it looks perfect, CAS like the sketch.
Used the dp wonderfully! Perfect sketch for it!
I'm lovin' that paper, perfect for a manly card. Great Christmas card, like that you used ribbon without it ending up girly too.
Louise xx
I love the idea of manly Christmas cards. I really like what you have done, it's clearly a male card but very festive and Christmas-y. Great sentiment. Thank you for joining the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge, come and play with us again soon! Karola, DT
Great holiday card Thanks for joining us at DCD this week.
Such a great take on the sketch, and very pretty colors for a masculine card idea! I am your newest google follower! hugs, de
fab card love it and thanks for sharing with us at crafty sentiments this week hope to see you back again real soon.
Love this festive christmas card. Great details with the ribbon and piece of DP. Thanks for playing at Crafty Sentiments last week and so sorry for my a bit late comment. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina GD Member at Crafty Sentiments xx
A fabulous male Christmas card. I love how you have used the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly and we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT
Hallo Tina....you are really supprotiv to your Team mate at the Male Room I just visiting some DT member card to tell personly I love their idea...it was not so easy to found which Image I should choose for this sketch and you did it so well I love the christmas manly card you made it is simple and elegant and Manly also how easy you show me to use this sketch....wish you have time to visiting me back...would be so happy if you leave me some love too..hugs, Monika
A fab male Christmas card - Jacqueline xx
Post a Comment