Thursday, December 5, 2013

Sending a Little Christmas


I almost didn't make my Christmas cards this year, but I felt I would be letting some people down if I didn't.  A couple of my friends and family members say they look forward to see what I create each year.  That just makes you smile and want to create.  I didn't do what I have done in the past with my cards.  Instead of creating 5 different designs of cards and making 10 of each.  This year I made 2 designs and made 20 of each.  Yes, I even cut some from my list :o(  I figured if I haven't received a card in the past 3 years from them, then I not making any more cards for them (family is excluding from this clause).  

Here's one of my designs for this year.  Sorry it has been dark and gloomy here, so the pics are dark and off color to me.  


I kept the design pretty simple so I could get them done pretty fast.  The coloring takes the most time.


I used MFT Pure Innocence Sending You a Little Christmas stamp.  


 The paper is Stampin' Up, except for the white which is MFT.  I'm trying to use up some old paper and I did.  The ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.


The inside sentiment is from the same MFT stamp set.

thanks for looking and reading :o)

I like to enter the following challenges:
Come and Get It Challenges - Christmas and Blog Hop
Crafty Ribbon Challenge - #73 Spots or Stripes
Created with Love Challenges - #69 Christmas
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Ribbon Carousel - RCC88 Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant Challenge - TPE228 Winter
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - Christmas Using Traditional Colors

stamps used: MFT PI Sending You a Little Christmas (discontinued)
paper used: SU Old Olive, red and dp
die-cuts used: MFT Oval Stax 1 & 2
embellishments: Really Reasonable Ribbon, Recollections brads, white shiny paint



7 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

So adorable! Great job coloring the sweet PI image!

Unknown said...

Very cute card! I love the polka dot paper with that image...the ornaments on the tree really mimic the DSP nicely.
Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at CWLC. We hope to see you back very soon!
hugs--
Roberta
Created with Love Challenges Design Team
Queen Bee Paper Crafts

Lady Bug Stampers said...

What a darling card. Love that image and your papers. Thanks for joining in the Created With Love Challenges.
Linda K. DT

Jan said...

Sweet card thanks for sharing at WD xx Jan

cebelica said...

Such a lovely card! Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

Bunny said...

Hey, Tina. This is a cute card. I like your coloring and shading. The white shiny paint is perfect. I know what you mean about the coloring always takes the most time. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It Challenges.

Judy McKay said...

Very cute card. Thank you for joining our blog hop at Come and Get It. Good luck. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hope to see you back in 2014. Judy DT