Thursday, February 19, 2015

Scrapping4fun #36 Colors of Country Flag

I hope everyone is staying warm, we got a cold snap here and I'm not liking it.  It's also the best time to cook and do some crafting.  We have another challenge for you at Scrapping4fun.  For the next 2 weeks, we would like to see you make a project using the colors in your country flag.   Just a little tidbit, the most popular colors used for flags, are red, white and blue according to the Flag Institute.

Here's my card.  I'm from the United States of America and the colors are red, white and blue.


I went ahead and made a patriotic card, maybe to send to a serviceman.  This little Bugaboo image Brat-Liberty I thought was perfect, since she is posing the Statue of Liberty.  I colored her with my water color and regular color pencils.  The sentiment is from Unity Stamp Co. 


I almost didn't add the star dp, but it seemed a little plain without it.  Since there are stars on the flag to represent each state, stars seem like a must.


Here's the inside.  

thanks for looking and reading :o)

stamps used: Bugaboo-Brat-Liberty, Unity-Live Like He Deploys Tomorrow
paper used: MFT-wild cherry & nightshift blue, the Paper Studio white & vintage flag stars
die-cuts used: MFT Star Stax & Jumbo Fishtail Banner Stax
embellishment: Spare Parts brads

3 comments:

Michelle said...

A gorgeous card Tina. Love the image and your layout. I agree, a cold snap is a great time for crafting and cooking:) Michelle x

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

So cute Tina !! Love your layout!!
Hugs

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

So cute Tina !! Love your layout!!
Hugs