Thursday, February 5, 2015

Scrapping 4 Fun #35 Vintage

Hello again!  I loved seeing all the projects in the LOVE challenge, there are some very talented crafters out in blogland.  Are you ready for another challenge at Scrapping4fun?  For the next 2 weeks, we want to see vintage projects.

I will admit, I struggle with vintage.  It's very close to shabby chic and I love both, but creating them is a challenge for me.

Here's what I came up with.


I colored the image Vintage Slip from A Day for Daisies.  At one time this was a free image, but it's no longer available :o(.  The image was colored with water color and regular color pencils.  Some distress ink was sponged around the outer edge of the die-cut.  I added some satin ribbon on the corners.


I found this metal birdcage in my stash, thought it was perfect with the birds in the image.   Pearls and roses seem like a vintage thing and I found this perfect flourish in my stash too.  Thank goodness for hoarding "a few things".  I tried to stick to very mute colors in my papers.  I hope my take on vintage inspires you.


Here's the simple inside.

thanks for looking and reading :o)

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:


stamp used: A Day for Daisies - Vintage Slip
paper used: Tim Holtz - Crowded Attic, Bazzill, discounted paper, the Paper Studio - white
die-cut used: Spellbinders - Romantic Rectangles
embellishments used: Recollections-floral embellishments, Michaels metal embellishments (birdcage), the Paper Studio-ribbon

13 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

What a pretty card! I love your coloring and the sweet embellishments. Thanks so much for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week!

Bastelmami-Sandra said...

Hi Tina!
Not struggle. Your card is beautiful. I love all details on your card. Have a nice Weekend.
Hugs Sandra

Anonymous said...

Great work done on the Challenge. Lovely colouring and I love the pearls and little bird house.
Thank you for your lovely DT Creation.
Have a great weekend
Hugs
Rachelle
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Kathryn said...

Pretty, pretty!! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Gals Corner!

Lena said...

Beautiful card. Love the image and the details you added.
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. I hope to see you again soon. Good luck!
Hugs,
Lena - DT
Lena’s Creations

Unknown said...

Simply stunning! I love the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
Tina - DT

Penny said...

So very elegant, that flourish frame is beautiful. Thanks for playing in the Scrappers Delight
challenge Penny (Scrappers Delight NRDT)

Pia S said...

I really like how the beautiful colors of the image stand out from the neutral colored background. Love the metal detail and how you wrapped the card with ribbon. It's a lovely vintage card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Tina! Great job coloring the fancy image! Love all the distressing!

Susan Itell said...

What a work of art! Fabulous and fun to the max. That birdcage is just adorable, many thanks for playing the color challenge this week.

Samantha A. said...

SO pretty in pink! What a lovely creation! Thanks for playing along last week at Crafty Gals Corner! Be sure to join in this week with our ANYTHING GOES challenge! :)
-Samantha
Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
Crafty Gals Corner

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

Awesome card Tina! Love the pearl swirls you used.
Hugs,
Ann

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

Awesome card Tina! Love the pearl swirls you used.
Hugs,
Ann