Monday, June 8, 2015

Another Graduation

Seems like every year someone's kid or mine is graduating.  Man, I'm getting old...lol.  Not like you haven't seen enough graduation cards flying around blogland lately....now I'm posting one.  I hope you can bare through one more :o)


I used Saturated Canary image Grad Girl 2015, because she looked spunky.  The young lady this card is going to is smart and spunky.  


I did a side step card.  I'm not a huge fan of these cards.  I guess it's because I like bigger images and I have to figure out all the measurements myself to get it to come out correctly.  The "2015" numbers have wire going through them.  I die-cut the numbers twice so I could place the wire in between the numbers. 


The young lady has dirty blonde hair with red on the ends.  So I had to color it correctly with my Prismacolor pencils.  

Here's what the side step looks like and also the inside of the card.

thanks for looking and reading :o)

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:


stamps used: Saturated Canary Grad Girl 2015, MFT Happy Graduation
paper used: Recollections cape cod, the Paper Studio black & white, discount paper (yellow)
die-cuts used: MFT graduation accents, by the numbers, oval stax1 & oval stax 2
embellishment: Recollections graduation brad


7 comments:

Vic said...

Wow!! This is a fab card! The colours, the image and i particularly LOVE the 2015 popping up! fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Patties Creations, for our "fathers day or graduation" challenge this month, Vic... DT x

Eemeli said...

Wow! Your coloring is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous!

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli

Leanne said...

Wahoo Tina, love the image and the colors are awesome, another fantastic card, and super happy you played our challenge...well done.
Hugs,
Leanne DT
4 Crafty Chicks.

Sherrie K. said...

What an awesome grad card:) Great job of coloring!
Sherrie K

Katie said...

Lovely card and fab colouring skills

Unknown said...

Hi Tina,
What a great step card! Love your color combination and how you popped up the numbers. Great coloring too!

Tammy

Pattie G said...

This is perfect for our current challenge “FATHER’S DAY OR GRADUATION” at Pattie’s Creations. What a cute image too! Thanks for joining us!
Hugs
Pattie ♥
Artist
at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge!