Monday, August 20, 2012

Teapot Tuesday - Soda Jerk

This week's Teapot Tuesday was a tall order from 11 year old Tyler.  It will be the only card like this.  Tyler has Rhabdomyosarcoma, a childhood cancer, and has had 53 surgeries.  Bringing lots of smiles to him with strawberry shakes is all he wants.  There is also a dog, who wants to start a milkshake shop, a joke that is needed, and a framed dollar bill.  We have it all with this card.

Inspiration Teapot - Schmuddley McCuddley
looks like he is up to no good

Here's the card that took me days to create.  Once again, no stamps required!!

I hand drew the glass and colored it in, then put a glossy 3D effect to make it look like glass.  The whip-cream is a ribbon reused from a gift.  Die-cut a circle for the cherry on top, poke a string through for the stem.  The puppy is a Google image.  


Some close-ups for you. 


The inside of the card was created from Google images.  I wanted it to look like the inside of the soda jerk shop.  I made sure there was a joke for Tyler.  Yes, it's a corny joke, but hopefully it will make him smile.  It's not the best photo, I was losing sun time and it was cloudy.  Sorry about that, but school comes first now.  This was a creative challenge and I enjoyed creating this card for Tyler.

Stamps Used: NONE

Die-Cuts:  MFT-Jumbo Scallop, MFT-Circle Stax 1, MFT-By the Letters

Paper Used: Brick-Discounted Paper, Inside K&Company Lovely Series, scraps for rest

Images from Google

Thanks for looking and reading :o)


1 comment:

Mona Pendleton said...

What a sweet card! Lovin' all the die cuts!