Monday, August 13, 2012

MFT #84 Sketchy Wednesday

After dentist appointments, lots of errand running and even time at the amusement park with the younger boys, I'm finally getting to MFT sketch for Wednesday.  Thank goodness it's a week long challenge. I decided to make my brother's birthday card for this challenge.  I know he won't check my blog, because he doesn't check our family website out till weeks later, so it's okay to post now.  His birthday is this Saturday, I know, because I was born two days before his first birthday.  Great gift I was !!

Let's get to the challenge.

My take on this sketch.


It's not too different.  I used the airplane PI because my brother just retired from the Navy and he worked on planes, jets and helicopters.  I stitched some twine between the airplane layer and blue layer.  Added the clouds and plane die-cuts to the side.  Put the sentiment on a cloud and sponged some ink around the edges.  I used watercolors to color in my image and sponged some ink around the image, thought it look like it was in the clouds.  Did a little doodling on the bottom blue layer.

As always, thanks for looking and reading :o)

Stamps Used: MFT-PI Plane Amazing, MFT-Birthday Girl (sentiment)

Paper: K&Company-Itsy Bitsy Baby Boy Designer Paper Pad, Coredinations-Green, Bazzill Basics-Blue & Coral

Die Cuts: MFT-You Move Me, MFT-Cloud Trio

Embellishments: MFT-Shore Twine

No comments: