Monday, March 18, 2013

Love to Scrap - Emboss It!!

Welcome to our second challenge at Love to Scrap!! Challenge Blog.  It's emboss it! Our sponsor is The Crafting Boutique and the winner will receive $10 shopping spree from our sponsor!!  Stacy's store is brand new, it's a great pleasure for her to be sponsoring this challenge for us.



Not only did I dry emboss, but I also did a little heat embossing too.  I thought this bird was cute and needed a jungle look.  I used MFT vine die-cut which is a wiggly vine and did lots of cutting to get it to fit around the circle.



You can see that the "hello" was embossed with embossing powder.  I also inked the dry emboss to make it stand out a little more.  The Cockatoo was colored with watercolor pencils (Faber-Castell) and regular Prismacolor pencils.


Thanks for looking and reading :o)  Good-luck to all that enter.

Knowing that it is March, there has to be some green challenges to enter this card in.

The Sisterhood of Crafters - Make'em Green with Envy
Jen's Digi Stamps - Going Green
Wags n' Whiskers - Go Green



paper used: SU Basic Brown, SU DP, SU Old Olive, MFT Sour Apple


embellishments: SU Sizzix Flourish ef, black embossing powder





9 comments:

Cherished said...

Wonderful card. Great reveal.

Cathy's Obsessions Still said...

Beautiful work on the card!!

LeslieT said...

Beautiful card, Tina! That cockatoo was definitely popular! So proud to be crafting with you on this DT!
Hugs,
Leslie

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

So much about the card I love. The coloring you did was perfect. The vine around the circle was great ad the embossed background was a stand out. Great job.

Angelique said...

Beautifull. Love the papers and frame you've made.

Huggsss,Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

Michelle McClure said...

Your embossing and coloring are just so perfect for this challenge. Thanks also for your guidance in understanding the international blogs, I just could not figure them out by random button pushing.

Darlene said...

Wonderful creation and love that embossing! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘GREEN with Envy’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

CraftyGirl said...

Your card is so cute and i love how you framed your image. Thank you for playing along this week at Jen's Digi Stamps. Good luck in the challenge and I hope to see you in the next challenge.

Remember we are having a DT call at Jen's and would love to hear from you. :-)

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
Jen's Digi Stamp DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

TannyP said...

All of your embossing is fantastic and the papers are gorgeous. Thanks very much for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our GREEN with Envy Challenge!