Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Classy Birthday

My brother's better half needed a card for her mother's 70th birthday.  She was doing a classy surprise party for her mother.  She sent me a picture of the room that inspired her mom's party and I created a card base off the pic.  Actually I created two cards.  I'll post the other card later.
Here's the inspirational picture:

Here's one of the cards.

I found black sequin ribbon that match the sequin tablecloth.  Fushcia (hot pink) and black were the main colors.  


The pink cardstock behind the image was sprayed with SmoochSpritz Vanilla Shimmer.  I added a few rhinestone for some bling.  A box was needed to fit the card in because of the flowers.  So I created a box to match the card and closed it with a ribbon.  Next time I would make a matchbox card holder. 


Close up of the shimmering spritz and a few of the rhinestones.  I colored the image with color pencils.

thanks for looking and reading :o)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

stamps used: A Day for Daises - vintage water lily dress digi

paper used: SU black, Brazzill, The Paper Studion Hot Pink Damask

die-cuts: MFT Sentiment Strips, Fiskars Hertitage

embellishments: The Paper Studio pink paper flowers, The Paper Studionblack sequin ribbon, Recollections rhinestones, SmoochSpritz vanilla shimmer


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What an amazing card! She is going to LOVE this! Great how you matched up the sequins, very cool! And I really like the matching box. so nice! Thanx for sharing you wonderful creation with us at CC&CC! Joanne

Anonymous said...

Lovely, stunning card, thanks for joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

Anita said...

Stunning card! How cool that you found matching embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz challenge.

Anonymous said...

Simple n elegant card, love it!
Thanks for playing with us at CC&CC.
Hugs,
Jill

jiecraft.blogspot.com

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Wow Tina! This is gorgeous!! Very elegant!! I bet this was a hit with her and her mother!!

I have FREE Candy on my blog and would love for you to stop by and register for a chance to win. I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog also.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner!! Have a fantastic day!! Hope to see you again next week. Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is so wonderful we are so glad you entered
We wish you good luck in the drawing
Thank you for entering Tammy scrapin corner
hugs
Tammy Ortiz