Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Birthday Card for Dad

My dad's birthday is coming up.  He will receive this card as soon as he returns from his golfing trip down in MS.  Twenty plus men go every year to play golf and have guy time.  I decided to use Bugaboo digi Gus Golf for my card and Bugaboo sketch challenge #133.

Here's the sketch:

Here's my take:


This card is rather large, 5.75 x 8.75 (A9).  I printed out my digi and realized if I wanted to make the sketch work, it had to be a big card.  I colored the image with water color and regular color pencils.  I thought Gus needed to be a little outrageous in his choice of outfits.  My dad and his buddies have crazy sock, crazy pants and crazy etc days when they play during the week.  The DP had to be plaid. 


I popped up the image and the sentiment.  It can look bulky if you don't with the twine underneath.  

Gus is such a cranky funny guy, I can't belive there is a challenge for things that make you laugh.  So, I'm entering this card in the Tip Top Tuesday challenge ROFL.


A little birthday wish in the inside.  I think it's a card my dad will be happy to receive.

thanks for looking and reading :o)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:


stamps used: Bugaboo digi Gus Golf, Unity Fore!!!! (time to par-tee), Recollections Happy Birthday Doodles

paper used: SU DP, SU Green, SU Grey, Dark Blue from Hobby Lobby


embellishements: Michael's Screw Brad Asst., MFT Twine


11 comments:

chrissy xx said...

A FABulous Fun card...What a colorful guy he is.
LOve your papers..LOving the 'grass' too...
Chrissyxx
Your Dad with LOve it x

Jessi Fogan said...

I love it! Gus is just awesome - I think I might have accidentally married him ;) The grass is perfect, and so is his outfit :D

paper fun said...

Awesome card. Lovely papers and coloring.

Thanks for joining our masculine challenge at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Jingle said...

LOL! That is too funny! Very nicely done! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card! Love the funny image and gingham background.

Elaine Stark said...

A great card. A funny image. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Min said...

This is just FABULOUS! My daddy would have loved it! =) The addition of the grass border at the bottom is a great idea and I just LOVE the golf humor inside!
We're so happy you joined us for theCatch The Bug “Stella Says Sketch" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you’ll join us again Sunday for a March BONUS sketch challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Margaret said...

Fabulous card!

Thanks for joining us at The Creative Card Crew for our masculine challenge
Margaret xx

Annette said...

Hahahaha, this did make me smile when I saw it. Fabulous card.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for :
ABC Christmas Challenge,
Top Tip Tuesday,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stamp Fairy.
xx

Julie Odil said...

Tina, this card is soooo funny! My dad was younger, he used to go golfing with his buddies and look just like this! I love this image and the fun it portrays! Your dad is going to treasure this card! I stopped by your blog to tell you you won another giveaway on my blog! Lucky duck! I didn't save your address from last time, so can you give it to me again? julieodil at charter dot net. Or Facebook. Thanks!!!

Evie Sullivan said...

Bugaboo! Not bad, though. You did a great job with this. Cheers!